Our Research > Publications
Oviatt, S. The Design of Future Educational Interfaces, Routledge Press, 2013.
Oviatt, S., Cohen, A., Miller, A., Hodge, K. & Mann, A. The impact of interface affordances on human ideation, problem solving and inferential reasoning, ACM Trans. on Computer Human Interaction, vol.19 (3), Oct. 2012.
- Oviatt, S. & Cohen, A. Toward high-performance communications interfaces for science problem solving, Journal of Science Education and Technology, 2010, 19: 515-531.
- Oviatt, S., Arthur, A. & Cohen, J. Quiet interfaces that help students think, Proc. of 19th Annual User Interface Software Technology Conf., ACM: N. Y., N.Y., 2006, 191-200.
- Oviatt, S. Human-centered design meets cognitive load theory: Designing interfaces that help people think, Proc. of ACM Multimedia Conf., ACM: N.Y., N.Y., 2006, 871-880.
- Oviatt, S., Arthur, A., Brock, Y. & Cohen, J. Expressive pen-based interfaces for math education, in C. Chinn, G. Erkens & S. Puntambekar (Eds.), Proc. of Computer Supported Collaborative Learning Conf., International Society of Learning Sciences, 2007.
- Oviatt, S. Multimodal interfaces, Human-Computer Interaction Handbook: Fundamentals, Evolving Technologies and Emerging Applications, 3rd ed, (ed. by J. Jacko), LEA: Mahwah, N. J., 2012, 405-430.
- Darves, C. & Oviatt, S. Talking to digital fish: Designing effective conversational interfaces for educational software, in From Brows to Trust: Evaluating Embodied Conversational Agents (ed. by Z. Ruttkay & C. Pelachaud), Kluwer: Dordrecht, 2004, 271-292.